shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Thursday, June 14, 2012

You Say "Potholder", I Say "Hot Pad"

My dad recently sent me six potholders my great grandmother made in the 1950s. I hung them in a little collage on the wall in our breakfast nook, but now have visions of expanding this new collection, so I've been doing research. I just love all the designs and the way they look when grouped together. They make me want to learn to crochet, but I just don't think I have the patience!

Here are some lovely photos I found. The first three are closeups of a few of the hot pads crocheted my great grandmother, followed by some vintage potholder crochet books from the '40s and '50s, a collector's wall collage, some details with interesting patterns and colors, and an amazing installation by Anu Touminen at the Nordic Watercolor Museum.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandmother's potholders are amazing. I especially love the turquoise one!

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'm searching the autor of the fifth photography from the top.
Could you help me please?
I need this for my blog and I must have the Authorization.

Thank you,

ZoƩ FEDERSPIEL

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home