shopgallerynewsaboutcontact

Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to School Flashback: My College Dorm Room


It's Back to School Week here at penny candy, so I thought I'd kick it off today with a look back into my days of school supply- and book-buying days with some photos I found of the dorm room I had when I was a freshman in college. I was fortunate to have a single room, so I could decorate it however I wanted, including painting a mural on the wall. You'll be able to find out a lot about me from these photos (favorite music, former soda of choice, etc.). You may wonder how I got anything done with all that distraction, but the truth is, this type of environment actually helps me excel. Screaming inspiration and color from all four walls, and even the ceiling and floor. These photos are like a visual time capsule, complete with cheap-o, dual-cassette boom box and selection of cassette tapes. This was 24 years ago after all!

Then, the other day, I was leafing through my early-1980s copy of Terence Conran's The House Book and found these photos. In the second photo, I love that giant blow-up Wonder Woman on the ceiling, but I personally think Sting is better looking than Donny Osmond. ;-)

2 comments:

cat and vee xoxo said...

I spy Howard Jones!! Loved him!! And Sting.

I had Andrew McCarthy and Michael J Fox posters ... in high school though.

Will have a closer look soon - in the middle of school rush now. Catherine x

penny candy handmade said...

Yes! High school it was totally Michael J. Fox (Alex P. Keaton)! My third celebrity crush, after Parker Stevenson and Erik Estrada. ;-)

Post a Comment

Next Previous Home